Scott Piner Photography

Thursday, November 09, 2006

View From Look Rock

We found a road just west of Townsend, TN called the Foothills Parkway West. It was a nice two-lane road about 17 miles long that ended at Abrams Lake. About halfway along the parkway is a place called Look Rock. At the top of Look Rock is a tower which has 360 degrees views of the mountains and valleys below. The 1/2 mile hike to the top is pretty strenuous though. I'm not a big fan of heights so when I saw a spiral staircase with see-through steps, I started getting a bit worked up. I convinced myself that I was going to tough it up. But when we arrived at the staircase, we saw that it was locked. Darn.



View approaching Look Rock tower:



Seriously, the staircase was locked:



I think the architect may have been a Star Wars fan. Compare the two images below with the ones up top.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home